Come practice with me at Kamloops Hot Yoga!
4:00pm – Traditional Hot
9:00am – Traditional Hot Expand
4:00pm – Hot Hatha
Download the KHY app here for current status and sub updates:
Fulfill your dream of teaching yoga and join me in this upcoming training that begins in May 2019!
Module I: May 2-8, 2019
In part 1, you will set a strong foundation for your practice and your teaching:
· Transform your understanding of standing poses through carefully crafted practices and asana labs
· Learn the foundational principles of teaching and cueing and get the “behind the scenes” skills you need to teach clearly and safely
· Learn the basics of peak pose sequencing, so that you can create fun, smart sequences
· Learn the history of yoga, and dig into some of the yoga tradition’s most important texts: the Yoga Sutra of Patanjali and the Bhagavad Gita
· Learn and apply the anatomy the shoulder, the hip, and breathing to the yoga practice.
Module II: June 13-19, 2019
In part 2, you will deepen your personal practice and build upon your teaching skills:
· Practice and teach more complex poses such as hip openers, hand balancing and backbends
· Deepen your understanding of alignment through asana labs and practice teaching
· Learn more sophisticated cueing techniques and teaching skills, such as verbal assists and demonstrations
· Apply ancient yoga philosophy to real life challenges and experiences
· Practice and teach foundational pranayama and meditation techniques
· Apply an anatomical understanding of the foot, wrist, core, and spine to the yoga practice.
Module III: July 4-10, 2019
In part 3, you will begin to integrate your skills to teach professionally and confidently:
· Skillfully learn how to sequence a full-length class in hatha and hot styles
· Continue to add more sophisticated cueing and teaching skills to your toolbox, such as theming and teaching multi-level classes
· Gain confidence as a teacher through discussions on business and ethics
· Learn how to teach safely and skillfully in the heat
· Integrate pranayama and meditation techniques into your teaching
· Articulate your personal teaching mission and set your professional goals
· Practice teach and receive personalized feedback to hone your skills
$50 – Application Fee (Nonrefundable)
$450 – Deposit (Nonrefundable)
$3400 + GST ($2900 + Deposit and Application Fee)
$2700 + GST – KHY Alumni – Must have taken previous Hot Yoga Teacher Training at KHY ($2200 + Deposit and Application Fee)
$725 X 4 – Monthly Payment Plan + Deposit and application Fee
Before May 1 2019: 100% refund, minus non-refundable deposit.
After May 1 2019: 50% refund, minus non-refundable deposit.
After May 27 2019: No refunds, credits or transfers.
2018: May 2-8 2019 | June 13 – 19 2019 | July 4 -10 2019
Weekly/Daily: approximately 8am – 5pm everyday *official schedule will be sent out before training starts*
Only being offered once this year. Now is the time to grow your Yoga passion into a career!
“I really got a lot out of Leilani’s Hot Yoga training. I loved that she knew exactly what she wanted to teach us and approached the whole series in a methodical way. It made it so easy to learn and remember. I finished the training feeling totally informed and ready to go teach. She also kept to timelines which I really appreciated and is not always done in the yoga world. She is warm and friendly and you really feel that she genuinely cares for her students and wants the absolute best for them.”Jocelyn Gordon
“Leilani has this amazingly beautiful energy, the knowledge, skill and compassion to help others radiates from her! When I walk out of the yoga studio I feel empowered and energetic, I absolutely love her classes and am so grateful I had the opportunity to take one of her trainings and learn from her ❤ ” I can’t wait to learn more from her!”Ashley Meier